News and information about the Government's tax policy work programme, including:
- proposed changes to the laws that Inland Revenue is responsible for
- updates on the progress of bills through Parliament
- policy announcements
For information about current tax law and services provided by Inland Revenue.
Our tax and social policy advice is provided to the Government jointly with The Treasury. The Treasury site contains information about the Government's finances, budgets and the economy.
VUW Tax Working Group
Information and papers for the Victoria University of Wellington Tax Working Group. This working group was set up in 2009 to address key medium-term tax policy challenges facing New Zealand.
New Zealand Legislation
This site contains New Zealand Acts, Bills, and Regulations.
Rewrite Advisory Panel
The Rewrite Advisory Panel was established in 1995 to consider and advise on issues arising during the rewriting of the Income Tax Act 1994. The Rewrite Advisory Panel site contains information about the process for resolving potential unintended legislative changes in the Income Tax Act 2004 and the Income Tax Act 2007.
Archive of these tax policy-related websites:
- GST Advisory Panel (2010/11)
- Making tax easier consultation forum (2010)
- Making tax simpler consultation forums (2015–16)
- Student loans consultation forum (2009)
- Targeting serious crime consultation forum (2013)