News and information about the Government's tax policy work programme, including:
- proposed changes to the laws that Inland Revenue is responsible for
- updates on the progress of bills through Parliament
- policy announcements
These consultation sites have been archived and copies made available for reference:
- GST Advisory Panel (2010)
- Making tax easier (2010)
- Making tax simpler (2015–17)
- Student loans consultation (2009)
- Targeting serious crime (2013)
|Website name||Description||National Library harvest of site|
|GST Advisory Panel||The GST Advisory Panel was established in June 2010 to help businesses and the Government implement the GST rate increase announced in Budget 2010. The Panel considered submissions and acted as a conduit between businesses and the Government.||PDF (800 KB)||gstadvisory.govt.nz|
|Making tax easier||Online consultation forum - 2010.||PDF (3.2 MB)||makingtaxeasier.ird.govt.nz|
|Making tax simpler||
Online consultation on options for simplifying and modernising New Zealand’s tax administration - 2015–17.
Visit www.makingtaxsimpler.ird.govt.nz for items currently open for consultation.
Static copies of closed consultation sites (some links may no longer work, not captured by the National Library):
|Student loans consultation||Online consultation forum - 2009.||PDF (1.01 MB)||studentloanforum.taxpolicy.ird.govt.nz|
|Targeting serious crime||Online consultation forum - 2013.||PDF (1.05 MB)||targetingseriouscrime.ird.govt.nz|
- PDFs were created using Adobe Acrobat web capture.
- The copies of sites harvested by the National Library of New Zealand may not be exactly the same as the live site, and some links may no longer work.
- The static copies of sites were created using the wget command, some links may no longer work.
- If you have difficulty in accessing any of the content from these sites please contact us.