Consultative document on the taxation of income from capital
The Government consultation document on the taxation of income from capital. Also includes supporting documents - an overview document, and speech and media statements.
Published by the Treasury.
19 December 1989.
There are three documents:
- Consultative document on the taxation of income from capital
- The taxation of income from capital – an overview
- Speech and media statements:
- Launch of the consultative document on the taxation of income from capital
- Document proposes rationalisation of tax on capital income
- Consultative Committee will have key role
- Family homes will not be liable to capital gains tax
- Indexing the tax base for inflation proposed
- Savers will gain from inflation indexation
- Reforms will benefit investment
- These documents were created by scanning the original published document and converting it into text.
- There may be some errors in the text and formatting differences in the Word (DOCX) and text versions. For example, the pagination was kept, however the paragraph formatting does not match. If in doubt, the scanned version of the document available as a PDF is the authoritative source.
- The source Abbyy FineReader 12, TIFF, image, and plain text files are available on request.
- The PDF version of the consultative document is an interim version. This will be replaced once processing is finished.