Regular dataset collection from payment service providers
The Government is seeking feedback on proposals that would allow Inland Revenue to regularly collect datasets from payment service providers.
- enable initiatives that improve income reporting for tax purposes and service provision, and
- be a shift from the current ad hoc dataset collection.
Information requested would be:
- aggregated information, which would not identify individual people buying goods or services, and
- enabled by an Order in Council.
For details about the proposals see the:
- discussion document Regular dataset collection from payment service providers, and
- draft Order in Council for consultation – Tax Administration (Regular Collection of Bulk Data) Regulations 2021 (PDF 115 KB) (also included in appendix 2 of the discussion document).
The submissions closed on 20 August 2021.