News and information about the Government's tax policy work programme, including:
- proposed changes to the laws that Inland Revenue is responsible for
- updates on the progress of bills through Parliament
- policy announcements
If you visit this website to read or download information, we automatically record some non-personal statistical information in a log file, for example:
- the type of browser you use;
- the type of operating system you use;
- the screen resolution of your PC;
- the date and time you access our site;
- the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the internet address from which you accessed our site;
- the search terms you used to find content on our website; and
- the last site you visited before you accessed this website.
We currently use Google Analytics to help analyse how our visitors use this site. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. This data is used to compile statistical reports on website activity for us to evaluate site use. This allows us to help make this site more useful to visitors.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings for your browser. Disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use this website.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information when you:
- subscribe to our mailing list; and
- make a submission on a consultation document.
If you subscribe to our mailing list through this website, we record your email address. We use your email address to send you announcements about tax policy developments. We will not disclose your email address to any third parties without your consent.
If you make a submission on a consultation document you may provide us with personal information. Submissions may be the subject of a request under the Official Information Act 1982, which could result in their publication. We use this Act to determine whether we can withhold information in submissions on the grounds of privacy, or for any other reason. If you think that any part of a submission should be withheld you should indicate this clearly.
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 2198