News and information about the Government's tax policy work programme, including:
- proposed changes to the laws that Inland Revenue is responsible for
- updates on the progress of bills through Parliament
- policy announcements
Tax policy work programme updated, Inland Revenue Regulatory Management Information released
8 November 2016
The Government today released an updated tax policy work programme for the next 12 months, taking into consideration recent developments and progress on projects announced in the work programme announced in March 2015.
The revised priorities continue work within the following broad categories:
- Improvements and enhancements to tax policy within New Zealand’s broad-base, low-rate framework;
- International tax, and base erosion and profit shifting (BEPS);
- Inland Revenue’s Business transformation programme; and
- Better public services initiatives.